Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Heartbeat.

Today, I thought about Summer in Knoxville--which is obviously the best city in the Summer. My heart started racing. Summer in Knoxville is the ultimate Summer-experience. We spend our days on the lake, and in the evening we eat dinner on our porches. We spend our nights running around the city, only to come back to the outskirts of Knoxville and watch the stars burning bright. There's nothing like being so far out in the woods that you can't hear a sound except the crickets chirping. The moon is our light, and you only use a damn flashlight if you're a chicken shit. Skinny dipping in country club pools at 1 am, or even the disgusting lakes we love--which will probs give us cancer or some STD or something gross, lol. But, do we care? Uh, no. Cade's Cove is one of the highlights of my Summer, because every year I drive through the mountains with the windows down in the early morning just to hike or trail-run some of the most over-used paths in the Smoky's. Mom and Dad pick the strawberries THEY grew in THEIR garden. One thing's for certain, you will never see me in a pair of jeans in the summer or pants in anyway way, shape or form for that... you may never see me with real clothing on unless I'm working. You may still catch me running through the sprinkler or spraying people (and myself) with a water-hose like a 6 year old, and you can guarantee that you'll find me with my Nanny on her screened-in porch. The 7 AM runs with my dog equal love. The Fox Den 4th of July firework show is a given, and so is laying in the courtyard on campus. Yeah, we go to the beach, and love it... good lord do we love it, but we always come back. And, as the deep Summer green sets in, and the grapes on my family's grapevines ripen we know Summer is coming to an end, but we don't fret... simply because that means it's FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE! There's just something about Knoxville and the Summertime that will never be matched. Summer sun, mmmmm.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment