Thursday, February 17, 2011

Actions, baby, not words.

This morning I woke up to this,

"ve vin 10-4. and dee meats score wan for da ruuubes lol"

Now, to translate:

"We won 10-4, and I (meathead) scored one for the Rubes (me), lol."

It's always nice waking up to idiotic things such as that. Now, the next one was actually sweet from him, mild miracle. Still, when I get home, I think there is a big pile of bullshit that needs to be sniffed out, and we all know I am the one to do it. I won't let any lie get in the way, and if I have to read one more facebook update about how I "ruined" their happy family I will go bonkers.

One of my friend's blogs this morning really hit me hard. It was about death, and yeah, the basis was her dog's death last Valentine's Day, but she said on thing that hit me hard....

"Death isn't fair, ever. No matter how much notice you have, it still just sucks when you drive home with one less member of the family present."


And, it's so true. I do not fear death, but to think of someone so close to me just not being there, suddenly, is horrible and terrifying and down-right sad. So, I am setting a goal for myself. Love the people around me like it is their last day to be loved on Earth. I feel like, sometimes, all of us just take the loved one next to us for granted and forget that they can leave us instantly. I sure know I should hug my dad--because I never do--tell Mom how much I love her, appreciate the amazing Nanny I have, see my cousins more often, or tell my best friend how much she truly means to me, because I don't think she knows. And, maybe, I should stop being so thick-headed and realize maybe they mean it when they say they love me, too. Just like anyone, I feel under-appreciated all the time, and I feel like no one understands how much I put in. The fact is, I put my heart and soul into the people I love; sometimes, I just don't show it. I don't like showing how much I care or how much someone means to me. Don't ask me why, because I really don't know. I think it's time for me to show just how much I care about, love and truly appreciate the people around me. I just have to figure it out now. Because, anyone can say "I love you", but not many people can show just how much they do love you. It's all about actions for me, and ironically, I do not think my actions apply to my words. So, starting today, even if I am 5000 miles away, I will work to better show the people around me how much they mean to me. Idk how the heck I'm gonna do this via Skype and Facebook, but maybe I can. Hell, it won't hurt to try.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment