Monday, February 7, 2011

23. 32.

I'm coming up on my fifth week of being here. It  has gone by relatively fast considering how unhappy I am. I may have wrinkles from this experience. No joke.

I'm coming up--a freaking gnat just flew in my nose, cool--on the half way way mark, the Ihavebeenhereforfourweeksandonlyhavefourleft mark. Please fly by. Please. I'm so stressed. I can't stand the thought of my life being lived without me any longer. I really don't know how I can last 32 more days. My face is wrecked, and so is my body.


The cool news is, I'm living in a house where they found the oldest artifacts ever to be found in Brescia. They were digging their underground pool, and discovered stuff from like 4500 BCE or something crazy.... Here are some pictures from 4500 BCE to 1600 BCE...

Above Left (2) is from 1600 BCE I believe. The lower is on the outside of their home. At the bottom is from 2500 BCE and is where a home used to be. It's just chillin' in their basement. Okay and possibly the most bad ass thing is that it is legal for them to keep all of it, unlike USA, because it is so common. She said most people find stuff in their homes, obviously not like in theirs, but small Roman artifacts and what-not. And, the picture in the lower right hand corner, the pot, is one of the most incredible things I have ever touched. It is not legal, I don't know where she got it, I don't know how she has it, it's just chillin' in the living room, AND. . . it's from 4500 BCE. Shit my pants when I saw it. I mean I have been eyeing it and thinkin', ya know... that isn't the most typical item a house usually has..... lol. I could also tell from all the art history classes that it wasn't exactly... modern. But, 4500 BCE. C'mon people! Can you even comprehend that?

I'll be taking a lot of deep breaths these next few weeks.
Wish me luck.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment