Monday, January 31, 2011

Double ear infection. Cool.

Finally! I am in my 30s. 30s as in the number of days until I will be home. Too bad I have a double ear infection that hurts so bad I could hit something. But, then again, when do I not feel like hitting something?

I've never been so sick in my life. I don't mean my ears, either. I feel as if someone has ripped my heart out of my chest and sent it back to Knoxville. I feel cold, tired and pained. It probably doesn't help that I haven't heard Austin's voice in over 2 weeks. I haven't seen Nanny since November. Mostly, I haven't had a hug from someone that I love. Crazily, two weeks is the longest I've gone with out kissing someone since my first kiss. Cheesey? But, good lord two months?! Clearly, I'm going to break down on my way home, when he picks me up at the airport on March 12th, and when I first see Kelly, Mom and Dad on Sunday the 13th of March. I almost thought it was February... then realized it is actually still March and I started crying.

I have Q93 streaming live at the moment. Love Like Crazy is on. I don't think I've ever felt secure with someone before until now. I sent him a goofy present in the mail, and come Monday, February 7th he'll realize why I am so awesome. :) Surprise, hand-made surprise brought to his front door. Gah, I'm awesome.

We went to Milan on Saturday, and whoa. I live in the richest town in Tennessee, but these people are rich like you cannot imagine. It's like we have more money when we're rich, but EVERYONE here is loaded, so it's like a movie. I've never seen anything like it, but then again Brescia and Milan are the richest cities in Italy. To the right is a picture of the most famous cathedral in Milan or Italy or something. While walking past it, this statue... well, what I thought was a statue reached out and grabbed my hair and started whispering God knows what in my ear. Of course, being the classy lady that I am, I yelled, "MOTHER FUCKER! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?" The girl I was walking with, well woman--she's in her 20s--was cracking up. Thank goodness the little girls were in front of us and didn't hear me. Austin said that he was surprised I didn't hit him... which I would have if I wasn't with the family.
Okay, moving on. To the left is one area of shopping. Totally bad ass, not gonna lie. There is this place where you put your foot in a hole and spin for good luck and what-not. Anyways, Milan is gorgeous and fabulous, but besides the architecture, it doesn't hold a candle to NYC. Yeah, yeah they have designers out the ass and beautiful people everywhere, but do they have culture besides their own? No. They don't. And, that's probably my least favorite thing about Italy--everyone is the same. There is no variation.  It's beautiful, gorgeous even, it's unreal and it's money like crazy loaded with money, but where is the melting pot? Guess America truly is a melting pot unlike anywhere else.


Yesterday was horrible. By far the worst day so far. I cried from 7 PM until 5 AM--which is when I finally fell asleep. The girls were not the best, especially one. I mean total hell from the one. Hell on wheels. I'm so stressed that my hair is falling out. That's attractive.


I just keep telling myself to imagine how wonderful Tennessee is going to be when I arrive home. It will be mid-March. Which means only 17 days until my second favorite month of the Summer/Spring time of the year, April. There will be flowers, sunshine, Spring rain showers and starry nights. Top down on the convertible, my hair going crazy and my skin warm from the sun. I get to wear my sperries with a miniskirt, tank-top and unbuttoned, thin long-sleeved... well, buttondown--my favorite outfit besides a bikini. Ah! Thank you Q93 for putting on a great Spring song on, Kenny Chesney's "Never Wanted Nothin' More". I cannot wait to sleep outside, hike or run with the sun beating down on my face. I can't wait to go to the beach, it's been too long. I have 3 shopping fetishes: undies, shoes and bikinis. Hell yes, I will be wearing as little clothing as possible. Love it. I'm so lame. I love hand washing cars, and I'm honestly excited to do so when I arrive home. There are so many things I took for granted... such as hot chocolate--little off subject, but their hot chocolate is literally melted chocolate. I mean you actually just drink a chocolate bar. How am I managing to lose weight again? Okay, back to March 12th. I love you March 12th. You may be my favorite day this year. I just got chills thinking about having arms around me again. 8) Hopefully, these thoughts will warm my soul enough to keep me holdin' on for the next 39 days.

I'm ready to be home and get the pressure off my chest. Soon enough. I need to to pass by quickly. It has to.


I'll see you soon, March.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment