Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hello 2011! So very nice to see you.

     Well, I got sick. Thanks ulcers. While everyone else was running ramped in the city of New York, I was puking my brains out in a [tiny] Brooklyn apartment bathroom. But, damn, did I look good doin' it.

     I have been in NYC for 3 days now, and let me tell you, I L-O-V-E it. My hair has been wildly curly, and I have been dressed cute every time I left the apartment. I love it; I love this city. People are right when they say it is one of the best places in the world. It's beautiful and dramatic. Not to mention, my gorgeous and most favorite cousin is my tour guide for a week :). Love her.

     This AM I went out on a Brooklyn stroll--alone--and I did not get lost. I am going to go ahead and say, Knoxville, your food blows; why don't you gets some originality. NYC is so crafty and delicious. I had a REAL bagel this morning with REAL cream-cheese from this adorable coffee/pastry/anything you want shop, Ms. Deliah's. Sooooo scrumptious.

     We haven't done much except walk around, but walking 70-80 blocks is quite tiring, especially with someone who doesn't mope around (another thing I love--even my cousin is fast paced like me). We went to this crazy ass "mall," OK, the mall was outdoors for one and two the mall was in the middle of a freaking main street. I think we may go to Coney (sp?) Island tomorrow, and we are about to walk the famous Brooklyn Bridge and go to the MET. <3

     I decided to come back 2 days earlier, because I really need to get my stuff together for Italy. Nice chunk of change that cost me. I'm so excited to go, physically, but my mind and heart are already aching. I will openly accept visitors..... ;)

     Tomorrow, I am 20. I am 20. I am 20. I am TWENTY YEARS OLD. I am no longer a teenager. It's funny to think that Mom had a kid at my age and had been married for two years. Strong is all I have to say to that. It also leads me to wonder about my future and what the hell I'm doing with my life. It also makes me want to smack myself in the face. I am young, dumb AND stupid sometimes, but I will be forever young. Mama, I'm never growin' up.

     To 2010; to great memories, friends, food and laughter. To love and to the many people who have touched my life and heart this year. To my best friend, my family and my dog. I end 2010 with my passion, joy, laughter and heart back. I end 2010 happy, again. <3

   Sup, 2011? Wanna go for a ride?

No comments:

Post a Comment