Monday, January 24, 2011

March 12.

     I will arrive home March 12, 2011. I will not be ashamed. I will be happy. I will see my Nanny, mom, dad, boyfriend, BESTFRIEND, baby boy (Vinny lol), Tootsie, home, courts, streets and town... and, even if it is all known and old to me, I will love every second of it.

     Today, I walked to the cities edge, to a deserted part of town, to the bottom of a mountain, and back to the center of Brescia; I saw the Alps from the Earth's ground, and I stumbled upon ancient ruins while trying to discover the post office. Italy truly is amazing. You can't put it into words; you can't take a picture of it. But, you can see it for yourself and know what I am talking about. You can walk solid for 3 hours and keep finding things to get into; the sights are always changing.
     My favorite part about Brescia is that I cannot speak Italian in anyway, but I sure as hell can get what ever I want to eat! You can pick anything on the menu, and it will be delicious. In fact, I picked something random and it happened to be pesto sauce--I HATE PESTO--and oh.em.gee, so delicious. Their meats are consumed raw; consuming raw meat never sounds or feels safe, but it is drool worthy--divine, perfect, mesmerizing. Don't even get me started on my croissants that I get every morning or fresh orange juice. How about their preserves and jams... sorry, Nanny, but I have never had it like this. And, the craziest part is that there is very little butter or sugar. How?! Why?! And, where can I learn to cook like this? My Italian mom is such a great cook. She gets it, fosho. Strangely, I tried to make big, fluffy pancakes this morning--keep in mind that I make wonderful pancakes--but they turned out like crepes? Thick batter and it still made crepes? I'm defs in Europe...I maaaaayyyy have slathered 3 of my "pancakes" with Nutella--literally from Switzerland and another thing I hate in the USA, but love here.
     Now, it is very hard being alone every night and not being touched by a loved one. But, it's even harder knowing I have 45 days left. It seems so far away. I cannot wait to see my Nanny. I have this overwhelming sense that I need to be home, now. The day before I left, which would be three months until I would have to come home to get my Visa, I told Austin that in 6 weeks and 36 days (spoken like that in the dream I had where I saw this, lol) that someone was going to die. I can't remember who it was, but I am praying it is not someone close to me. I can't remember if it was me or someone close to me, but someone or something. I'm so creepy it isn't even fair.
     So, Knoxvegas, I will see you in 45 days. Prepare yourselves!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment