Saturday, July 24, 2010

Brooklyn, brooklyn take me in.

So, here I am. Single... again. Which is strange for me, because I never thought I'd know what this feels like again.... or actually enjoy it. I forgot the fun and enjoyment of people talking to me. Nevertheless, I am feeling much better after my 'melting due to the sun' episode.

Can I say how much I love my new place (and my new roommate)... no, no I can't tell you how much. Although, I haven't done laundry in two weeks, and I have no clean bras.... but other than that I am super. I can't the NYC urge out of my system. I am saving money--my idea of saving money is not eating at chikfila 3 times a day, because I don't spend much other than that. Sadly, this month, due to rain, has sucked for me. I haven't had many hours, and I have only had a few privates a week... less cash-flow = longer time until I can go to NYC.

I am also changing my major, maybe. I LOVE ART SCHOOL. O-M-G. I love it. I never want to leave it. I love all the nifty things I learned and accomplished, but I don't have time. I want tennis, and my parents don't seem to understand how serious about it I am. So, here I am. Changing my major to education.... hello boring, so that I can focus more on tennis--which is ridiculous considering that my parents don't even take me serious, so in reality the dream is already forgotten. I can always fall back on my camera... or teaching... who needs a degree for those?
     I so desperately want for excitement in my life. Day-in and day-out I am doing the same thing: teaching 9ish until 4ish.... working out from 6ish til 8ish... playing tennis when I can. I just don't know how school is expected to work out when I am already bored just thinking about an even more scheduled lifestyle. I need crazy and hectic! I neeeeeeed busy! I simply need a change...typical. Luckily, that's where my roommate comes in...

Hello white-water rafting!
She's all chill, but she is a hiker (<3) and she's taking me white-water rafting Sunday! I am so beyond pumped. I am also pumped for camping and backpacking this fall. And dad, when you read this, yes, we will be using your gear, and yes, we will bring the male gender with us and pepper spray. :)

As for NYC, I think I might take a trip on fall break, and the again at Christmas break--but that time with Melina. She is dying to go as well. We are going to walk the city with all the snow. Hell, Maggie (roommate) might be going as well once she hears of the plans. Kinda sucks that the people I talk to all start with M's.... Melina, Maggie, Mom, Malcolm, Megan.... lol I tend to get my text a little mixed up. Good thing I don't have anything to hide :)

I am also, strangely, excited for Fall and Winter. I suppose it's due to the fact that I WILL finally be travelling north. Although, my parents insist I will hate it. Clearly, they don't know the inner workings of a Maroo. Speaking of that 'M' name thing, I have even, on rare occasion, text myself. haha Classic.

Also, I'm truly becoming my wild-talk-to-anyone self again. Well, besides one person. I believe the confidence is FINALLY coming back to me. I have been breaking it down everywhere I possibly can. I think tennis is really helping me break out of the horridly thick shell I have built around myself. Breathing again is nice. Working out again is also nice; cutting body fat is not nice.

I need to get my camera out. I think I might start trying to do some photo shoots with people and get credibility. I need something else in my life. Good thing my lovely cousin wants me to be the photographer for her NYC based future-advertising business :)!!!!! ahh. Excitement right there.

Okay, enough rambling for now. Only 4 more hours of work---4 freakishly boring, just sitting at a desk hours.

Love:)

No comments:

Post a Comment