Sunday, March 21, 2010

Margaritas + Mahi Mahi = Love

     I woke up to the beautiful, thick, charcoal gray lined, thunder clouds. Knowing this means Summer is on her way, I got a rush. The day started off wonderfully. I cleaned my three rooms--Scott is still working on his ;)--and I watered all my plants. When I stepped outside (in a tank top and shorts at 10:15 A.M.), I took a deep breath, and inhaled the city air.
     It's so funny how one day it's 75 in Knoxville, and the next day it is 40--or cooler, as we all have learned this Winter. Thankfully, the last few days have been 60s and 70s, blue skies and a quiet breeze. Even today, for a bit, the clouds rolled off.
     My great mood quickly wore off when Scott would not wake up to do his share of cleaning, but then seeing how innocent he was, and how much he was trying--when he did finally arise--I just took a deep breath and let it all go. I love him, I just have to learn to accept everything that is... Scott. And Scott is his own person. I arrived at Mom and Dad's (I left my car there over night), to see Mom smiling and cooking lentil soup (thank goodness I do not live there anymore--I can't stand lentil soup!) in the kitchen, and to see Dad pissed off about the screened off doors being attached incorrectly and the chain saw not working (he's not a handy man). I realized how blessed my life is; my parents are not pretentious, and I always know their true feelings and when things are not going to smoothly. I remember as a child, going to friends' houses and seeing their 'perfect' families--the kind who never showed their kids that even parents, who love one another very much, fight. I always wished to have parents who never bickered, but now I am glad that I grew up differently. Most of those 'perfect' marriages failed, while my parents--who have had their struggles--are still chugging along. Yes, they are working on things, but that's the point. They have always been open, kept things off their chest, never held back their feelings to one another. This has made their bond, our family bond, stronger. My point of the ramble is that: I am realizing to let the small things go, because my parents taught me that they do not matter, that two people will always argue, and things won't always be perfect. I love them for that. 
     I rushed to a friend of mine's baby shower. Her skin was glowing, even more so than usual. She was simply beautiful. Everyone was loving, caring, and showing their support, even though she is a single mom. She is a strong person, and she is amazing--and very accepting considering that her ex-fiance was there. Everyone was so joyous, and I know every woman was jealous in there who will never have a baby of their own again...or ever. 
     Fantastically, I finished my art homework! I also finished all of my math. I am on the ball. I already feel happier and less stressed. 
     Any who, I am off to make some margaritas and mahi mahi. Mmmmm. 
     Love, love, love,
             Maroo

No comments:

Post a Comment