Sunday, February 17, 2013

MY Gills Are Grumpy

My entire life has been spent a little on a the grumpy side. Which isn't something I enjoy or I am proud of needless to say. I'm always reaching for optimum happiness, but only seem to get there for a few days at a time. No, I'm not depressed, I only have anxiety when it's called for, and I have no real reason to be so melancholy.

I was reading a new article on the growing number of women who are losing emotion, lacking emotional reactions to situations. Whether it's their boyfriend breaking up with them, or their coworker getting a raise when they should not have, women are settling. It makes sense. To act like, and soon truly not care, you lose your ability to have any sort of happiness or anger or frustration or any other healthy emotion to the situation.

I'm deemed autistic--Aspergers. So, obviously some of my ridiculousness cannot be redeemed, but there is absolutely no reason I should be blocking out every single emotion except anger.

So, for the next week, I am going to have J work on my emotions and expressions.

Wish me luck!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment