Sunday, November 14, 2010

1 month and 29 days until I move.....

"A penny for my thoughts? Oh, no, I'll sell them for a dollar. They're worth so much more after I’m a goner. And maybe then you’ll hear the words I been singin’. Funny when you're dead how people start listenin’."


I realize that in the beginning, most people are gonna talk to me, and pretend to miss me and all that nonsense, but they will quickly fade from my mind, just as I will fade from theirs. That's life, and it's perfectly fine. I just hope a few people remember, because I won't forget those few people.


I'm just stuck between a rock and a hard place. Either way it'll hurt, and either way I feel like I will hurt someone or hurt myself. But, I am young, and I am brave enough to see the world alone and through my eyes, so why not do it? "If not now, when?"


"Oh, there's a wild, wild whisper blowin' in the wind--callin' out my name like a long lost friend. Oh, I miss those days as the years go by. Nothings sweeter than Summer-time and American Honey."


I just hope I don't regret missing this summer at home, because it may be my last. And, hell, if I have no reason to come home, I just may find a way to stay. Why not? If it's where I love, what I want and I am happy there, then I will stay. Sadly, my parents will have the house sold by the time when I come back.


"I know they say you can't go home again, but I just had to come back one last time... Up those stairs in that little back bedroom, is where I did my homework and I learned to play guitar. I bet you didn’t know under that live oak, my favorite dog is buried in the yard. I thought if I could touch this place or feel it, this brokenness inside me might start healing. Out here it’s like I’m someone else. I thought that maybe I could find myself. If I could just come in I swear I’ll leave. Won’t take nothing but a memory from the house that built me."


Yeah, I'm leaving. I'm potentially leaving for good. But, something or someone is bound to drag my heart back to the East Tennessee country side. <3

2 comments:

  1. You can always come home. I know people always say, home is where your heart is...home is where you make it. But I think you know that.

    Miranda, it's incredibly awesome the way you are taking charge of life and living it fully. I know that I will think of you and how we never had lunch even though we said we would!

    You're a beautiful lady, and I'm glad that the world gets to see that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :)
    You made my day and made me tear up haha (thanks estrogen)

    ReplyDelete