Monday, August 16, 2010

Welcome back, Brain.

I went up to Lee this weekend to help a friend cope with homesickness... something I have never felt and will probably never feel. I just do not have that attachment to my parents. I love them, don't get me wrong, but I prefer accomplishing tasks on my own. Anyway, when I arrived back to K-Town, I was asked... "Don't take this wrong, but has she ever dropped everything for you to help you cope?" I said, "No, but no one is a friend to me like I am to them, and that doesn't bother me, because she's the closest thing to it." I can't decide whether that's sad that I think like that or virtuous.

The good news is... I'm back! I think friendship and music has a lot to do with it, because I see little bits of myself popping out of the clouds every time I listen to the music I used to listen to. I also played a tourny this weekend, and realized I need some major coping methods. I puked before my matches and lost to a girl I normally would beat 6-0, 6-0. But, I ended up winning my next two singles matches, and the girl I played dubs with and I won the doubles draw! It was unbelievable scary to be on the singles court again, but so beyond fun to play dubs competitively again... and I normally hate doubles!

Okay, so I'm back writing this, numerous hours later, because there was a huge issue.... I thought my apartment was on fire. Fire dept came and the whole shebang..... turns out, our water heater blew up... or something like it. So, we have zero hot water and a horrendous stench. lol... guess I'll be showering where I work.

School is starting Wednesday, and while I am NOT excited about the daily drag of 8 am- 12 pm classes... I am excited about a new major. I always enjoyed my other psychology classes, and I love kids... so maybe this is where I should be. I'm really going to miss art... a lot. I've been breaking my camera out constantly. I even set up some photo-sessions with a couple girls I teach. Excitement!

I was on the lake with a boy, a very not-my-type boy, but a very bold boy. And, I actually let myself have fun. The kind of fun where you forget that you have a job to go back to the next day, or in my case that I had puked multiple times due to anxiety in the previous days. Very attractive I am. And apparently I'm now Yoda. He asked me if my nails were real... which is absolutely hilarious, because clearly he doesn't know how lazy I am about grooming... and while I did once have gel-tip nails... I will never have them again. So very over priced for the cheap look they have. But, I'm a freaking boss, and I grew them all by myself--accomplishing a goal of mine :)! Ridiculous goal? Maybe in your opinion, but I have bit my nails since I was like 2 years old... so it's a big deal to me.

Not only did I grow my nails back out, but I am becoming able to socialize and simply enjoy the small moments of life again.

Welcome back, Brain... I really did miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment