Saturday, August 7, 2010

Satisfaction.

Can I just say that I love where I am at right now? I love my job; I truly love my job. How could anyone not?

Today, I taught a 14 year old girl, who had never picked up a racket, who was not athletic and who has quit everything she has ever tried. She did great for her first wack at an incredibly difficult sport. I explained to her how difficult it is, and I explained why footballers always say it's a joke.... because they can't do it! She understood, she didn't get frustrated, and an hour after her lesson I got a call from her Grandma. She was so thankful and delighted....and I felt the same way. I inspired her granddaughter to play this life-long sport. I inspired her shy granddaughter to go out for her high school team. It's stuff like this that makes me feel like I have a purpose and that I am doing what I should be. She said her granddaughter was so ecstatic when she came off the court and proclaimed, "I love tennis! I love her!" I am so happy that I have the chance to brighten someones day or change the way they feel about sports or teams or anything in general. Idk how to explain the feeling. It's simply wonderful. I have a purpose. I have a purpose. I have a purpose.

I recently decided to grow up and contact a lost friend. We had a falling out, because, well, basically I was ditched for someone who was more 'fun'. As we talked it through, it became clear to me. She said she never meant to ditch me, she knew I was her true best friend... the person she could always trust, but she showed me a couple things I had been doing that were hurting her. It's funny that we sent up a date to talk things over.... Well, as soon as she got there, we both forgot what we were upset over, and we talked like 3 months was never missing from our friendship... We shared the extremely personal-never-tell-anyone-thoughts like nothing ever happened between us. It feels nice to have her back.

I start classes on the 18th. I'm up to 18hrs of classes at the moment... and I am debating taking the 7th class. I just want to be out of school. I'm so over it. Three years in was long enough! Two left. That's all I can redundantly and obnoxiously say. Sadly, as I'm finally regaining myself and my happiness, my 'friends' are leaving to go off to school. I can't believe I spent an entire Summer with petty feelings holding me back. Start a new fashion... wear your heart on your sleeve.... which is what I do in most cases!

Here comes a great Fall filled with, hiking, swimming, traveling, teaching, a lot of learning and plently of  loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment