Sunday, May 2, 2010

There is a difference between a redneck and being southern.

     My last day of classes was Friday, and what a relief that was. What's not much of a relief are the 5 finals I have to take--4 finals and one final critique. The critique is going to be a complete bitch considering: 1) I haven't even started on my "semester long" project, 2) three teachers are going to be critiquing my project, 3) one of those teachers hated my idea. Great. Oh well, I have to just suck it up. It's not a project that I could do all semester, it involves scent... you can't hold a scent in a jar for 5 months.
     Luckily, I pulled the last month out of my ass and some how brought ALL my grades up. Thank goodness, because I was having the worse semester of my nearly 3 years in school. If I had just chosen to stay at ETSU in the bullcrap degree I was in, I would be done by May 2011. Ugh, that kills me. But, then I think about how much I LOVE UTK and how much I love their art program. I feel like I'm being cynical again.
     We have been babysitting Tootsie (my 10 [or something] year OLD chihuahua), and needless to say, she hates Vinny... she would eat him if she could. We've had her for 3 days now, and she is finally chilling out, but we still have to keep them in separate rooms at all times. It's actually hilarious to watch them. Vinny pounces her and bobbles around, and all Tootsie does is growl and snap and sometimes actually bite him. He doesn't care, he just wants to be "friends" aka play.  My best friend also stayed with us for two nights, hilarious, because she and Tootsie slept together on the air mattress. She said, "I didn't get any sleep, because of Tootsie. I'd move and hear 'SQUEEEK!'. I told her that Toots could have slept with us, and she said, "No, I want her to sleep with me, she's pitiful. I couldn't help, but to watch her all night." Tootsie has super bad hip dysplasia, so she "walks like a runway model".
     I really don't have anything to discuss, because I fully believe in the jinx, and every time I mention how well things are going, they blow up in my face within a couple of hours. 
     For instance, I start talking about how great work is, how many privates I have, and etc... the next week zero privates and cancelations on my group training programs. But, I plan on fixing that by advertising--at least where I work.


     I love looking out our windows every day. The HUGE, green oaks take over each bedroom window and one living room window. It really forces me to start my day off happily. Plus, the relief of school being out for the semester make me extremely less stressed. Yet, for some reason, I've opted to take 2 summer-school classes. I really need to, because my major is a 5 year program, and it's already kicking my ass. I am only taking four classes next semester. If I could get into drawing 1, I would go ahead and take 5 class. I don't want to be here forever, but it looks like 2 or 3 more years for me...there is just too much to do for me to finish school at my originally planned date. I don't really know why I want to rush things, maybe it's because I just want to work, or maybe I'm rushing my life. I really love school, but I hate it at the same time. I have 64 hours left at UTK. So, I will be in summer school, a lot. That's okay though; I'm going to try to enjoy life more. Take is easy and slow.
    My goal for May is self respect. Along with still eating healthier and working out more, I plan on taking better care of myself. I want to stop biting my nails forever!!! Ah, such a bad habit. I always stop, then give into temptation after 3 or so months. I want to have better manners, and I really wish to stop cussing so much. I think it's about time I mature enough to start talking like a lady and not a sailor. (Vinny just nuzzled me, and his ears are all floppy, because he's tired :P)
     I'm going to get off of here and take care of today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment