Monday, July 22, 2013

The rain tapping...

...on my window-perched, cheap A/C unit is calming me after today. I am officially registered for school, and I start classes September 3rd. :)

There's so much on my mind still. I have so much to do, so much to figure out, and I have so many things to discuss with Filip. We never have time. We have to make time. I also have to let myself go. I have to let my guard down. I have to say everything that I feel and want and need. I have to be vocal for the both of us. I want to be vocal for the both of us. I want us to be happy. I know how difficult I can be. I know how self absorbed I can be--just look at this paragraph of "I's!"

At the end of the day, I just want to be happy; I can say that I am happy, every day. Even on my worst days, I am happy. I nearly died once, you know, and during my 13 month recovery I learned just how precious time is. Be wild, make ridiculous decisions, say everything you shouldn't say, and love the life you live... After all, you only have this moment guaranteed.

So, here's my favorite quote--maybe, just maybe, it will help you take baby steps in the direction of the life you truly want to be living:

People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self centered; Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway. If you are successful you will win some false friends and true enemies; Succeed anyway. If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; Be honest and frank anyway. What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; Build anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; Be happy anyway. The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; Give the world the best you've got anyway. You'll see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; It was never between you and them anyway.


-Mother Teresa


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment