Friday, July 19, 2013

And here's where I start to get worried...

Every now and then I regret moving to New York with someone else, and maybe that is selfish of me, but I am only twenty two years old; sometimes, I just want to worry about me, myself and I.

The truth of the matter is: I will hustle, I will dive, I will grind and I will do whatever it takes to get what I want. That being said, my best friend--my roommate, does not have that drive. We also have two completely different wants.

I want to live in Manhattan. While I love Brooklyn, so much, I really want to live in Manhattan. I want the hustle and bustle, and I do not want to worry about the subway to and from Brooklyn each day, each evening, or after each evening we go out.

Callie, however, wishes to live in Brooklyn. Cost wise it is far more realistic, but like I said, I will do whatever I want to get where I want. I am scared that I will allow myself to miss out on my dreams just so Callie is left to figure it out on her own.

Factor number four: I am married now. My husband is living in Manhattan, end of story. Hello! That's not only where I want to be, but it's where I have to be.

So, who sacrifices? We can always get a 3 or 4 bedroom and split it between multiple people and live that way. She could live with my cousin. I mean money is just a serious issue, drive is a serious issue.

Tonight, I will finally have the talk with her.

Wish me luck.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment