Saturday, January 26, 2013

General Explanations

There are so many things I have yet to understand.

Ya know, I am never going to be a size zero super model. My hair is never going to be sleek. My clothing choices are always and have always been slightly odd. I rarely wear makeup; hell, I rarely have my hair out of a bun. I do not look remotely like the girl next door. And, while I completely understand this, most people do not.

I am comfortable in my skin, being who I am, but the people I meet on a daily basis are not--are not comfortable with who I am. It is so peculiar. How can someone who barely knows me want me to be someone other than who I am?

It is almost as if they try to fill their voids with wanting to alter my physical and emotional states. I too am guilty of this. I see absolutely gorgeous people, and I think, "Well, they should tweeze this eyebrow more. He should cut his hair a little shorter. He needs to shave his beard, etc." I have to constantly remind myself that maybe that is exactly what they like, and maybe, they are exactly who they want to be.

Xoxo


PS: I bought a car :)

No comments:

Post a Comment