Sunday, January 20, 2013

Beach. Beach. Beach.

I always forget how the ocean water makes me feel. There's something about it that calms me, and being able to walk to it every morning is priceless.

I am happy for the first time in a long time. I am happy being with myself. I am happy where I am working, but most of all, I am happy and completely content with living here.

Being at the beach reminds me of all the crazy times I have spent in the Gulf of Mexico (mostly St. Petersburg and Clearwater). From the first time Scott and I vacationed together to the first time A met my grandparents, and all the way on the opposite end of the spectrum, the first road trip my best friend and I took. Reminiscing about it brings me to tears, happy tears, I think. The sun beating down on my skin and being wrapped in the arms of the man I loved. Drinking wine out of tumblers and feeding seagulls (and boy hunting, obvs).

I cannot help wondering if this Summer is going to bring me the same happiness, and if J is going to be the leading man. He says he wants to move here, you know. And, what's even more crazy, I think I may actually want him to. Part of me wants to be wild and crazy and single, and the other part sees the way he treats me and how it feels being loved on. He's the sweetest guy I know. He reminds me of my dad.

Well, I found it, happiness, but we all know that I will be searching for it again in a year or so. Hell, I may even move to California. You never know. (My bestie better come visit me before I move!!!!!)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment