Friday, September 28, 2012

Lessons

Wednesday night, K and I attended The Walk--a church gathering for college aged people. Needless to say, it was exactly what I needed.

The entire lesson plan was based around how to pray to Christ. We deciphered the Lord's Prayer. And, yeah, I'm not necessarily religious, but I have a very strong spiritual view on life.

Forgiveness and the ability to let of of control was the underlying theme. Exactly what K and I needed to hear.

I never realized just how much I try to control my life path until the thought was put into my head. I always want to force things that I want to happen, and I'm not talking about the things I do, I'm talking about the things I get other people to do for me. That's just not something I want to be known for anymore. I want to better myself from the inside out.

And as far as being angry and holding grudges, I learned that those are two things that will take care of themselves. There is no reason for me to let someone live for free in my heart and make me miserable. That gives someone else feee reign and control over my happiness. So, I let it all go. It feels like, at least right now, my happiness is creeping back in.

I said my apologies to A, and I truly meant them all. For all the pain I have caused him from my words and actions, I'm sorry. For our past, for all the pain we have caused the people around us. But, it's time for us to no longer be selfish. And with that, I let it go.

Letting go and forgiving. Two things I need to do. Things will happen as they are supposed to. I just need to keep that in mind.

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment