Wednesday, August 28, 2013

So Long Sweet Summer

As the Summer comes to an end in The Hamptons, so does my life here. It has been a grueling 9 months, and I have grown in ways I did not even realize possible. I have learned who I am, and I have learned what I want out of life. I went home, and my friends complained that I have grown up too much and changed. Maybe I have, but it is for the best. I am twenty two years old, and I love myself. How many people my age can say that?

So many things have happened this Summer, and I quit the job that brought me here four weeks ago--which was the best decision I have made over the past few months, but it also means no school and a lost of $350 for the application fee and books I already opened. But, more importantly, I am now at a place where I can teach the way I want, show people my passion for the game, and help them grow as individuals on and off the court. Each day, I feel as if I am accomplishing new things, reaching for new goals, and developing my career.

As I said before, not only is the Summer coming to an end, but my life is as well. I have been offered some incredible, life-changing career options recently, and one may just take me back to Tennessee... except I would be the Junior Director for the entire state of Tennessee. That thought is nearly in comprehensible for me, but I am aching for the responsibility and challenges that will face me each day if I am chosen for the position.

Callie and I have been crying, and the thought of us seperating almost hurts worse than the thought of Filip and I potentially not being together all the time. Callie is my other half, we moved across the country together, and without her, I may not have met the man I call my husband. I hate that I am selfish and wanting her to move back with me if I go to Tennessee, but I honestly cannot see myself without her.

We went out last night. We don't have to drink. We don't have to pretend to be people we are not. We just are. We are ourselves. We are happy. We are best friends, and honestly, I'm pretty sure Carrie Bradshaw was right when she said our girlfriends are our soulmates.

I don't know what even the next week of my life will come with, and I have no idea where I will be in 7 days. I have no idea where I will be living, how I will get there or why. All I know is that I have finally found who I was always supposed to be... Miranda Elizabeth Cameron. And, that's exactly what I have always wanted.

xoxo,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment