Thursday, October 4, 2012

Cancer

Cancer: one word I never thought I'd hear.

"Papaw has prostate cancer. It's malignant."

Just one more thing for my family. We are getting so worn down. My grandma cannot stand to lose him either--he is her life partner; they do everything together.

Cancer: one word that can change the way you think.

Life is short, so short that my papaw could potentially lose his soon, at the age of 64.

Cancer: one word that shows you that the pettiness does not really matter.

The fact that he could lose his life makes me see how petty I have been.

Because, when it all comes down to nothing, who are you going to call? Who has your back? Is it someone who you may lose soon?

We never know whats around the corner. Don't take advantage of this gift we call life.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment